What Tests Should I Have Due to
Breast Implant Illness Symptoms?
What Tests Should I Have Due to Breast Implant Illness Symptoms?
Once you recognize yourself in the listed breast implant illness symptoms, it is best to stop wasting precious time and money on testing and misdiagnoses and instead go straight to explant. There is no definitive test to prove your breast implants are causing your symptoms but the following medical tests are where health problems from silicone and breast implants show up in us. It’s important to note, it’s not uncommon for our test results to fall just inside normal test ranges yet we feel very ill and symptomatic due to our breast implants.
Breast Implant Illness Tests
- ANA Antinuclear Antibody
- Checks autoimmune markers
- CBC + Lipids
- Checks red, white blood cells, platelets, anemia, infection
- NK Cells
- Checks Immunodeficiency
- CMP Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
- Checks glucose, electrolytes, kidney and liver
- Blood Profile of Amino Acids by Chromatography
- amino acids are involved in liver detoxification and are depleted in many of us. Important aminos for detox are cysteine, methionine, aspartic acid, arginine, ornithine and lysine
- Bone Density
- Checks for low bone density
- Thyroid – TSH, Free T3, Free T4, Reverse T3, TPO Ab and TG Ab
- Temperature Test for Thyroid
- Parathyroid – Calcium and PTH Test
- Adrenal Hormones
- Cortisol, DHEA-S, Estradiol, Estrogen, Progesterone, Pregnenlone, Testosterone Free and Total, Sex Hormone Binding Globuline
- B12, B6 and Folate Deficiency
- Checks for low B12, B6 and low folate
- Vitamin D, 25 Hydroxy
- Checks for Vitamin D Deficiency
- Iron and Ferritin Test
- Checks for iron derangement
- Magnesium and Potassium Levels
- Iodine Levels
- CRP-C and ESR
- to check for inflammation but they may not show much and you may have to dig deeper with these tests TFN, TGF-beta 1, interleukins, IGE and gammaglobulin for inflammation
- APA Assay
- Checks for abnormal immune system response with Fibromyalgia
- Visual Contrast Sensitivity Eye Test at vcstest.com
- Checks for mold biotoxin
- Leaky Gut, SIBO and IBS Tests
- Infections Such as EBV, Lyme, H-Pylori, Mycoplasma, Intracellular, Cocksackie, Cytomegalovirus, Herpes etc.
- Fungal Tests Including Candida, IgM and IgG
- Parasites of the Gut
- EKG and Echocardiogram for Heart Changes
- MRI Without Gandolinium Contrast Which Causes Toxicity in us or Ultrasound to Detect Leaks/Ruptures
- Mammogram can rupture implants
1. The Silicone Hypersensitivity Panel through betterlabtestsnow.com has existed for years and is once again gaining popularity but it should not be used to rule out breast implant illness as results vary from woman to woman and ingredients vary from implant to implant. It is a panel of 19 items, including materials commonly used in breast implants, and related possible irritants. Please note this test does NOT test for silicone levels within your body, only sensitivity to it. Testing for sensitivity to: Silicone, Silicates (silicon dioxide), Polyvinylpyrrolidone, Tin/stannous chloride, Titanium dioxide, Petroleum byproducts of Xylene, Toluene, Benzene, Latex, Phenol, Formaldehyde, Vinyl chloride, Green #5, Blue #2, Violet #2, Aspergillus niger, Candida albicans, Aluminum.
2. Genetic Testing through companies such as 23andme.com for genetic variants which affect methylation and detox pathways is highly suggested as about half of us with breast implant illness have MTHFR genetic variants which negatively affect our ability to detox toxic chemicals and heavy metals of silicone. My own MTHFR genetic variants accounted for how sick I was from silicone breast implants and for my very low B12 status which itself causes many symptoms and health problems. Many of us do have MTHFR genetic variants and without supporting our methylation and detox pathways with specific nutrients we accumulate toxins and heavy metals. After receiving your file of raw data from 23andme.com upload it to genetic reading sites such as Geneticgenie.org, Nutrahacker.com or Selfdecode.com which provide reports to explain your particular genetic variants and more importantly how to support yourself with food and supplements.
3. MicroNutrient testing such as Spectracell’s Micronutrient Testing which can identify nutritional deficiencies caused by health problems due to breast implants and also contributing to your symptoms and illness. Bringing up our nutrient deficiencies will assist our healing and support our immune system.
4. The Organic Acids Test (OAT) by The Great Plains Labratory offers a comprehensive metabolic snapshot of patient’s overall health with 75 markers and an accurate evaluation of intestinal yeast and bacteria. Many people with chronic illnesses and neurological disorders often excrete several abnormal organic acids in their urine revealing fungus and bacteria overgrowth. Abnormally high levels of these yeast and bacteria can cause many symptoms including fatigue and immune dysfunction. The cause of these high levels could include oral antibiotic use, high sugar diets, immune deficiencies due to breast implants, acquired infections, as well as genetic factors.
5. Fungitell Assay may be helpful to identify invasive fungal infections which are not uncommon in us due to breast implants causing immune deficits and eliminating these fungal infections are necessary in order to heal.
Please join our Facebook group of over 150,000 women for support through your healing journey.
We look forward to your comments, feedback and personal stories about your symptoms due to breast implants. Please see the comment form below. Thank you.
This Post Has 9 Comments
You list lab tests for BII – any info on ranges of the various tests (CBS, ANA etc) see with BII?
No ranges to quote however being outside the normal range for these tests is indicative however many women are very symptomatic with little showing in tests.
I did the 23andme years ago and uploaded mt raw info to be interpretated but I do not understand their interpretation? What can I do?
What I did was purchase the medical and ancestry portions of 23andme, when it was ready I downloaded my raw file and uploaded it to geneticgenie.org and ordered two of their reports, the methylation and the detox report, you have to make a donation in order to get the report. I also uploaded my data to Nutrahacker.com and order three of their reports for about $60 which I found valuable.
Hello everyone. I’m so thankful to have found this site. Where do I look to find a dr. That will take these implants out that can also do reconstruction? I could not figure out what was going on with me. I went in for dr. Office visits many times and they found nothing. I have so many of these symptoms listed here. I got these gummy bear implants 3 years ago. I’ve been feeling awful after. I had different ones prior for over 20 years with no problem. They were just saline smooth texture… these different implants seem to be affecting me in a much worse way than the other ones. Please point me in the right direction.
Here is the list of explant surgeons, scroll down to your country/state: https://www.healingbreastimplantillness.com/explant-surgeons/.
Hopefully you had explant surgery by now. I first saw Jadon Rosenberg in Gainesville Florida October 2020. Explanted with enbloc March 2021. The right implant had a small rupture and was sitting up under my collarbone due to the capsule. Now they’re gone. Also had a lift. However I still have symptoms. It’s only been 5+ months so a long way to go in healing.
The price was 8950$. Good luck.
I can’t seem to find a list of ingredients anywhere, only a list of heavy metals. I’d love to be able to see ingredients in each manufacturer as well! I want to be able to pinpoint my allergies exactly. I know that will seal the deal for me.
Thanks so much,
Please see our Breast Implant Safety page, scroll down and you will see a list of ingredients in silicone used to make breast implants: https://www.healingbreastimplantillness.com/breast-implant-safety/.